Chapter 1. Generals
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of this school is to cultivate professionals who are essential to the development of nation and society by training the talents as well as lecturing and researching specialized knowledge and theory required in improvement of national industries based on fundamental philosophy of the Republic of Korea.
Article 2 (Name)
The name of this school shall be called as Shingu College.
Article 3 (Location)
This school shall be placed its location at 2685, Geumgwang 2 dong, Jungwon-gu, Seongnam, Gyeonggi-do(Province).
Article 4 (Established Academic Fields, Departments(major) and Quota)
Departments(major) and quota set in this school shall be as follows.
|Academic Fields||Departments (Major)||Admission Quota|
|Industrial design Field||
|Life & Natural Science Field||
|Information Media Field||
|Practical Business Field||
|Health & Welfare Field||
|Space Design Field||
Chapter 2. Years Required For Graduate and Undergraduate
Article 5 (Years Required for Graduate)
Years required for graduation shall be 2 years. However, years required for graduate of physical therapy, radiation, dental lab. technology, dental hygiene, children education, computer information process, food and nutrition, and interior design shall be 3 years.
Article 6 (Years Required for Undergraduate)
Years required for undergraduate shall not be limited.
Chapter 3. Academical Years, Term, School Days, and Holidays
Article 7 (Academical Years)
Academical year shall be started from May. 1 to the end of Feb. next year.
Article 8 (Term)
- ① Terms shall be divided into 2 semesters as below.
The 1st term: The 1st term shall be set from May. 1 to Aug. 31.
The 2nd term: The 2nd term shall be set from Sep. 1 to the end of Feb. next year.
- ② Courses may be opened prior to the term opening within the range not exceeding two weeks of lectures prescribed for the 2nd term when it is admitted as necessary by a dean of this school.
- ③ Seasonal term or on-the-job term may be set and operated when admitted as necessary by a dean of this school, and prescriptions related to this operation shall be determined separately.
Article 9 (School Days)
① School days shall be more than 30 weeks every year. (15 weeks for each term)
School days may be reduced within the range of two weeks every term by receiving the approval from minister of Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development in case that the school days prescribed in the Article 1 cannot be satisfied due to the inevitable reasons such as natural disaster and other operational causes of education process.
Article 10 (Holidays)
- ① Holidays shall be determined by a dean of school within the range not hindering the operation of education process, and the regular holidays shall be the same as below subparagraph.
- National Holidays
- Anniversary of School Foundation : Oct. 20th
Dean of school may implement temporary holiday when urgencies such as emergency disaster, and etc is occurred. In this case, this temporary holiday shall be immediately reported to the minister of Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development.
Chapter 4. Admission (Including Transfer and Readmission)
Article 11 (Admission Time)
Admission shall be authorized within the quarter of total lecture days from the course opening.
Article 12 (Admission Qualification)
Person who is qualified to admit in the first grade shall be graduated from the high school or shall be recognized as holding the equivalent or higher scholarship.
Article 13 (Admission Application)
Admission application and its procedures shall be in accordance with the method notifying by separately determining during the registration.
Article 14 (Admission Selection)
Admission selection shall be in accordance with the method prescribed by Admission Selection Management Committee of this school within the range of Vocational College Admission Selection Fundamental Plan specified by a minister of Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development every year.
Article 14. 2 (Admission Selection Fair Control Measure Committee)
- ① Admission Selection Fair Control Measure Committee shall be placed for fair management of admission selection.
- ② Admission Selection Fair Control Measure Committee of the college shall be installed directly responsible by the dean of school, however, it shall be organized with 10 or less members including 1 chairman and 1 vice-chairman, and the prescription regarding organization, tasks, and operation shall be separately determined by the dean of school.
Article 14.3 (Admission Selection Management Committee)
- ① Admission Selection Management Committee shall be placed for development of admission selection system and to plan and deliberate major items regarding admission selection management.
- ② Admission Selection Management Committee shall be installed directly responsible to the dean of school, however, it shall be organized with 7 or less members including 1 chairman, and the detailed items regarding its task and operation shall be separately determined by the dean of school.
Article 15 (Admission Permission)
- ① Admission permission shall be determined by the dean of school after going through faculty meeting deliberation.
- ② Dual registration shall not be allowed for the students of this school.
Article 16 (Transfer Admission)
- ① Person who has completed the entire courses of the first grade of the college or is recognized as holding the equivalent or higher scholarship according to the other law or regulation may be transferred and admitted to the early 2nd year. (3 year curriculum shall be transferred to early 2nd grade or early 3rd grade) However, transfer admission for foreign students and students of the closed curriculum (major) may be allowed during the early semester.
- ② Transfer admission shall be allowed only for the same curriculum (major) with the completed curriculum from the previous school when a vacancy is occurred within the range of admission quota based on each curriculum (major).
Article 16.2 (Course Change)
- ① Course change in the school (hereinafter, called as "Course change") shall be allowed only during the early stage of the first term of the second grade.
- ② Course change shall only be allowed for the person holding the grade 3.0 (B0 mark) or over in average record of the overall courses from the previous grade with no failing mark when a vacancy is occurred within the range of 10% of transfer and admission quota. However, changeable courses (major) shall be separately determined by the dean of school.
- ③ Person who changed courses shall complete the entire prescribed courses. Credits that are already gained may be admitted by the dean of school.
- ④ Person who admitted by a special selection (including the special selection in addition to the quota) shall not change to the other course (major) in accordance with Article 14.
Article 17 (Readmission)
- ① Readmission may be allowed for the person who registered this school and retired voluntarily or was removed the name from the register.
- ② Readmission may be allowed according to the circumstances, however, it shall not be allowed for the person corresponding to the Paragraph 1 of Article 44 and related to the sedition inside or outside of the school.
- ③ Readmission according to the Paragraph 1 shall be limited to the same curriculum (major) when a vacancy is occurred within the range of admission quota.
Article 18 (Registration)
- ① Person who is permitted for admission shall complete registration within the designated period according to the prescription specified by the dean of school.
- ② Admission may be canceled when registration is not completed without fair reason within the period separately specified by the dean of school.
Chapter 5. Temporary Absence, Withdrawal, Name Removal
Article 19 (Temporary Absence)
- ① Temporary absence may be allowed by submitting the notice of temporary absence with permission from dean of school when disease, obligatory military service, and other unavoidable reasons are occurred. However, person who wishes to be absent after registration period shall be absent after completing registration.
- ② Written diagnosis issued by a doctor from general hospital shall be attached in case of absence by disease.
- ③ Absent period shall not exceed more than twice including the registration period and extending or additional absence period may be allowed. However, absence period due to the obligatory military service shall not be included in the entire absence period.
- ④ Person who is permitted for absence shall retain the registration during the absence period and shall return to the school simultaneously with the expiration of absence. However, returning to the school may be allowed with the permission from the dean of school.
Article 20 (Voluntary Withdrawal)
Person who wishes to withdraw shall be permitted by the dean of school by specifying the reason with the guardian signature.
Article 21 (Name Removal)
In case of corresponding to the following subparagraph 1 as a student, the dean of school shall remove the name from the registration.
- ① Person who doesn't return to the school within the quarter of total lecture days from the corresponding term opening after expiration of absence period without fair reason.
- ② Person who has been absent exceeding quarter of the total lecture days of every term without any report.
- ③ Person who is invisible for the attendance without fair reason.
- ④ (Removed)
- ⑤ Person with the inferior behavior and is judged as unpromising for the improvement.
- ⑥ Person who hasn't completed the registration during the specified period separately determined by the dean of school every term.
- ⑦ Person who admitted to the other school.
- ⑧ Scholarship students sponsored by industry shall be removed in accordance with the policy of Industrial Sponsorship Education.
Chapter 6. Curriculum and Class
Article 22 (Curriculum)
- ① Curriculum shall be classified into liberal arts and specialized subjects (including major, teaching course, and related subjects), and credit arrangement criteria shall be 12~20% for liberal arts and 80~88% for specialized subjects.
- ② Liberal arts and specialized subjects shall be provided as selective, however, on-the-job training among the specialized subjects of the on-the-job training obligatory subjects shall be mandatory.
- ③ Curriculum of this school shall be separately determined by the dean of school.
Article 22. 2 (Linked Operation of Educational Courses)
Curriculum may be operated by interconnecting to the industrial high school, university, industrial college, and industry when needed in order to activate professional education. In addition, credit for subject may be accepted through required procedures and relevant items shall be separately determined by the dean of school.
Article 23 (Irregular Special Course Administration)
- ① Special course within 3 months to 1 year on the irregular basis may be installed and administered in this school.
- ② Irregular special course shall be installed to the limited similar field with installed subject (major) in this school.
- ③ Detailed items regarding irregular special course administration shall be separately defined, however, approval from minister of Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development shall be received to execute.
Article 23. 2 (Installation and Registration of Part-time Registration)
- ① Part-time registration may be operated in this school.
- ② Part-time registration eligibility shall be limited to the person who is graduated from high school or recognized as holding the equivalent or higher education background.
- ③ Selection number of part-time registered students shall be within 10% of the admission quota for the corresponding year and 20% of the admission quota for the corresponding subject (major). However, Health Preservation and Child Education interrelated subjects may be excluded.
- ④ Part-time student selection shall be based on school record of the original high school and score from the interview exam, and the detailed items regarding this matter shall be separately determined by the dean of school.
- ⑤ Person who has selected as a time basis students shall apply the course within the certain period and shall pay the estimated registration fee according to the application credit.
- ⑥ Maximum completed credit of the part-time student shall be within half of the accomplished credit for the every term of the regular student.
- ⑦ Other required items regarding administration of part-time registration shall be separately determined by the dean of school.
Article 23. 3 (Upper Level Course Installation and Operation)
- ① Upper level courses may be allowed for the person who is graduated from vocational college or holds the equivalent or high educational background with the one or more years of employment history at the industry.
- ② Detailed prescription related to upper level course administration shall be separately determined by the dean of school.
Article 23. 4 (Credit Bank System Installation and Administration)
- ① Credit shall be admitted through various study activities of adults to realize open education and lifelong education society, and credit bank system to acquire credit may be operated in case of satisfying certain criteria when accumulated.
- ② Detailed items related to Credit Bank System shall be separately prescribed by the dean of school.
Article 24 (Curriculum Completion Unit)
- ① Curriculum completion unit shall be specified as credit and 1 credit shall be given for more than 15 hours of lecture during a school term.
- ② Minimum completion credit required in graduation shall be 80 credits or over. (120 credits in case of 3 year course) However, without completion of 1- credits from liberal arts (15 credits for 3 year curriculum) and 64 credits from specialized subjects (96 credits for 3 year curriculum), graduation shall not be allowed.
- ③ Completion of 15 credits or over shall be in principal, however, students shall not complete exceeding 24 credits.
- ④ Credits to acquire in the seasonal semester may be within 6 points.
- ⑤ Credits from on-the-job training in accordance with the Paragraph 3 of Article 22 shall be 1 to 3 credits, however, method, period, and credit criteria of field training shall be determined separately by the dean of school.
- ⑥ Record and attendance of liberal arts similar or identical to the liberal arts established in this school among the completed liberal art subjects from the domestic or overseas college, vocational school, and equivalent or higher scholarship accreditation body may be accepted.
- ⑦ The nearest credits to be acquired shall be within 6 credits. However, it may be up to 10 credits in case of major of department registration.
Article 24. 2 (Study Abroad Credit Acceptance)
If a student acquired completion credit of subject similar to the corresponding curriculum (major) educational process of this school by studying abroad at the sisterhood college or at the foreign language institute approved by the dean of school for 1 or 2 semesters with the approval during the registration may be accepted as acquired from this school. Detailed prescription shall be separately specified by the dean of school.
Article 25 (Class)
- ① Class may be operated by the class through daytime class, nighttime class, seasonal class, broadcasting or telecommunication class, and on-the-job training class.
- ② Opening subjects for each semester shall be separately determined by the dean of school.
- ③ Class hours may be set from 8 O'clock in the morning to 10:30 in the night. However, class hours of broadcasting / telecommunication class and on-the-job training class shall be separately determined by the dean of school.
Article 25.2 (Concentrated Class)
- ① Despite of the prescription specified in Paragraph 1 of Article 9, seasonal semester and training semester based on prescription of Paragraph 3 of Article 8 may be operated on the basis of short-term.
- ② Class may be concentrative operated for the short-term in case of subject required to increase the education effects and field adaptability for students.
- ③ Items required in other concentrated class operation shall be separately determined by the dean of school.
Chapter 7. Examination Evaluation and Graduation
Article 26 (Evaluation Test)
- ① Record evaluation shall be conducted in combination with subjective test and multiple choice test, however, the execution of this evaluation shall be separately determined by the dean of school.
- ② Person who's been absent for more than a quarter of the total class days of each subject may not take test of the corresponding subject. However, applying to the additional test may be allowed with the admission of dean of school when not available to take a test due to the unavoidable reason such as disease, etc.
- ③ Text required in graduation may be taken in case of characteristic of subject.(major)
Article 27 (Record)
- ① School record shall be given full marks of 100 credits for each subject and shall be evaluated in overall including attendance, average score, assignment, and test record, etc. However, record evaluation of specific subject of experiment, training, practice, and other corresponding activity may be separately determined.
- ② School record shall be classified as following and grade based on lecture of each subject shall be more than D0 grade (1.0). However, P shall be applied for the experiment and practice of the mandatory subjects which cannot describe the record as score.
Article 27 (Record) List
Grade Mark Allocation Average Score Grade Mark Allocation Average Score A+ 100 ~ 95 4.5 C0 74 ~70 2.0 A0 94 ~ 90 4.0 D+ 69 ~ 65 1.5 B+ 89 ~ 85 3.5 D0 64 ~ 60 1.0 B0 84 ~ 80 3.0 F Less than 59 0 C+ 79 ~ 75 2.5 P Pass
- ③ Record for the additional test may be accepted up to B+ grade (3.5)
- ④ Student record evaluation committee may be installed in order to control and administer record evaluation affair reasonably.
- ⑤ Record allocation and distribution may be separately determined by the dean of school.
Article 28 (Promotion Students) Removed.
Article 29 (Correction and Cancellation of the Record)
When record accepted in advance is found due tot he error or unfair activity, it may be corrected or canceled.
Article 30 (Scholastic Warning)
Warning shall be provided tot he person with inferior record or expected to fail after evaluating the record. The criteria shall be separately determined by the dean of school.
Article 31 (Graduation & completion)
- ① Specialized bachelor degree corresponding to Annex Table 1 shall be provided to the person who completed corresponding overall courses and satisfied graduation credits described in Paragraph 2 of Article 24 in accordance with the form of subparagraph 1 and 1-1 prescribed in annex. Specialized bachelor degree corresponding to the annex table 1 may be provided to the person who graduated prior to the year 1997 in accordance with the form prescribed in annex 2 following the application of the said person.
- ② Certification prescribed in subparagraph 3 prescribed in annex may be provided to the person who fails to promote or graduate despite of the completion of certain credit. In this case, prescribed credits required in completion of the corresponding year shall be as follows.
- First grade completion: more than 40 credits
- Second grade completion: more than 80 credits.
- Third grade completion: more than 120 credits
Article 32 (Repeater)
Remaining shall be applied to the person who fails on promotion and incompletion from the prescribed credits based on one year during the registration.
Chapter 8. Student Activity
Article 33 (Students' Association)
- ① Students' association shall be installed in this school to increase quality as a citizen and to promote relation between students as well as assuring creative and free activity. Regulation related to this organization shall be determined separately.
- ② Member of students' association shall be the registered students of this school, however, qualification shall be lost for the person temporary absent from school or is under the disciplinary action more than suspension.
- ③ The function of students' association shall be stopped when war, accident, or other national emergency condition.
Article 34 (Students' Association Cost)
Prescribed membership fee shall be paid by the members of students' association.
Article 35 (Organization of Student Group)
Approval of the dean of school shall be provided when organization student group which is not belonging to the student's association through student advisory committee.
Article 36 (Prohibition of Student Activity)
- ① Members of students' association shall not state political action within the school.
- ② Members of students' association shall not state any action hindering academic atmosphere and shall not involve to the school administration.
Article 37 (Student Instruction)
- ① Dean of the school shall allocating student instruction by establishing student instruction plan on early semester of every yea and shall instruct students by receiving the command from the dean of school, however, special instruction shall be provided for the students who violated school regulation, and shall put continues efforts to resolve the problem while counseling the individual.
- ② Student advisory committee shall be installed for instructing and cultivating activities of students' association, and prescriptions regarding this shall be determined separately.
Article 38 (Advanced Approval of Student Activities)
- Approval from the dean of school shall be provided in advance of action of the student group or individual student described as following. And approval shall be provided for the purpose, opening date, place, a participating number of students when planning the assembly prescribed in following subparagraph.
- Assembly by more than 10 persons including internal and external school.
- Attachment or distribution of advertisement including internal and external school.
- Sponsorship request or award inquiry of student activities regarding individual organization or individuals.
- Invitation to the internal school of external person.
Article 39 (Publication Issue)
All the regular or irregular publication of student group or student shall be approved by the dean of school in advance of distribution and shall be instructed by the advisory faculty (advisory committee member).
Article 40 (Penalty)
Person who is punished and removed his/her name by violating the relevant regulation of this school shall not be readmitted to the school.
Chapter 9. Discipline/ Reward/ Penalty
Article 41 (Discipline)
Students shall cultivate quality as a future professional by building up education and learning study and skill through observation of school policy and pursuing to the study.
Article 42 (Absence)
Students shall immediately report to the dean of school in case of absence due to the disease or other unavoidable reason. Diagnosis letter from the doctor of general hospital shall be attached in case of absence exceeding 7 days.
Article 43 (Reward)
Dean of school may award the person who may be a good example for others with upright behavior, excellent in school record, or good conduct.
Article 44 (Penalty)
- ① Dean of school may punish the students through deliberation of student reward and penalty committee when corresponding to the 1 of each subparagraph.
- Person who violated the school regulation.
- Person with inferior behavior and unpromising improvement.
- Person who conduct behavior far from the nature of students.
- ② Penalty shall be classified as confinement, definite suspension, indefinite suspension, and withdrawal in accordance with the circumstances, and the criteria shall be separately defined by the dean of school.
Article 44.2 (Sexual Harassment Prevention)
Action to protect and exterminate members of this school from sexual harassment, organization, and detailed prescription regarding this matter shall be separately determined by the dean of school in accordance with Article 7 of Sexual Discrimination Prohibition Law and Article 5 of Enforcement Ordinance.
Chapter 10. Registration Fee
Article 45 (Registration Fee)
- ① Students shall pay the registration fee prescribed by the dean of school when registering each semester.
- ② Other cost approved by the minister of the Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development shall be paid as registration fee. When part of registration fee paid is corresponding to the refund reason in accordance
Article 46 (Registration Fee Exemption)
Partial or entire registration fee may be exempted for the person with excellent record, good behavior, national meritorious man and their children.
Chapter 11. Scholarship
Article 47 (Scholarship)
- ① Scholarship may be applied to the person corresponding to the following subparagraph through the faculty deliberation.
- Person becomes the model example of others with good behavior and more than B0(3.0) of average record.
- Person who is in extreme poverty with more than C0(2.0) of average record.
- ② Scholarship may be stopped when a student received scholarship is subject to leave of absence, withdrawal, name removal, and penalty.
- ③ Regulation related to scholarship shall be separately determined by the dean of school.
Chapter 12. Faculty Committee
Article 48 (Organization)
Faculty committee shall be installed with higher than assistant professor in this school. However, other person may be included when recognized as necessary.
Article 49 (Meeting and Deliberation)
- ① Faculty meeting shall be collected by the dean of school and representative of that duty shall execute the duty when absence of the dean.
- ② Faculty meeting shall deliberate the following items by responding to the advisory of the dean of school.
- Items related to school regulation changes.
- Items related to admission, promotion, and graduation.
- Items related to test and circumstances.
- Items related to instruction, reward, and penalty of the students.
- Items related to industrial corporation.
- Items related to other matters inquired by the dean of school.
Article 49.2 (Academic Affaires Committee)
- ① Academic affairs committee shall be installed as the best advisory organization assigning the advisory of the dean of school by deliberating basic policy related education of this school in overall.
- ② Regulation related to academic affairs committee shall be separately determined by the dean of school.
Article 49.3 (Other Committees)
- ① Other committees shall be installed in order to respond the advisory of the dean of school and to deliver major items of this school.
- ② Items related to operation of other committees shall be separately determined by the dean of school.
Chapter 13. Organization
Article 50 (Faculty)
Dean, professor, associate professor, assistant professor, full-time lecturer, instructor based on contract, additional post professor (invitation), additional post associate professor, additional post assistant professor, additional post full-time lecturer, instructor of assistant professor, and general employees shall be organized.
Article 51 (Organization)
- ① Planning department, industrial corporation dept., academical affairs dept, information support dept, and general affair administrative office shall be installed in this school, and the department shall be as following subparagraph.
- Development planning team, planning and operation team, and overall research center shall be placed in planning dept.
- Industrial corporation team, lifelong corporation team, business foundation support center, and lifelong education center shall be installed in industrial corporation dept.
- School affairs administration team, student welfare team, general service center, and health care team shall be installed in academical affair department.
- General affairs team and facility management team shall be installed in office administrative department.
- Document information team, computer information team, library, computer calculation center, museum, digital media center shall be installed in information support department.
- ② Departments following subparagraph shall be installed in this school.
- Industrial design department (visual information design, textile design, fashion design, and fancy design) shall be installed.
- Life environment (environmental landscape dept, urban horticulture dept. resource animal industry dept., and food & nutrition dept) shall be installed.
- Information media department (photography media, publishing information media, print information media, computer information processing, Internet information) shall be installed.
- Social welfare department (business administration, tax accounting, tourism English interpretation, home & child care, early child care) shall be installed.
- Health preservation department (dental hygiene, physical therapy, dental engineering, radiation) shall be installed.
- Construction information department (interior design, civil engineering, cadastral information) shall be installed.
- ③ Separative prescription related to organization shall be provided.
Chapter 14. Affiliation and Affiliated Organization
Article 52 (Affiliated Facility)
- ① Affiliated facilities prescribed in following subparagraph 1 shall be installed in this school.
- Newspaper & broadcasting station.
- Training Farm
- Reservist Army
- Dental Clinic
- ② Administration related to affiliated facilities shall be separately determined.
Chapter 15. Additional Policy
Article 53 (Execution Policy) Removed
Article 54 (Industrial Sponsorship Education)
- ① Sponsorship education may be provided according to the contract with industrial body when required by the industry for the person who is employees in the industry with the academy background of high school graduation.
- ② Selection criteria, cost payment of sponsorship education, payment method, arrangement and administration of education courses, facility of industry, utilization of qualified faculty, sport of industry for the school, and many other related items shall be included in sponsorship education contract according to prescription of Paragraph 1.
- ③ Detailed items related industrial sponsorship education shall be separately determined by the dean of school.
Chapter 16. School Regulation. Enactment and Revision Procedures
Article 55 (Notification of Enactment and Revision of School Regulation)
Partial content or the entire content of the purpose of enactment or revision shall be notified in case of enactment or revision of school regulation.
Article 56 (Notification Period)
Notification period of enactment or revision of school regulation shall be more than 7 days unless otherwise specified.
Article 57 (Opinion Submission and Process)
- ① Faculty of this school may submit the opinion regarding notified enactment or revision of the school regulation.
- ② Result of the opinion submission shall be notified to the person who submitted that pinion in case the opinion submission is made regarding enactment and revision of the school regulation.
Article 58 (Deliberation)
Faculty deliberation shall be preceded for the enacted or revised regulation which has gone through advanced notification procedures.
Article 59 (Announcement Procedure and Announcement)
Announcement of the school regulation shall be immediately reported to the ministry of Education and Human Resource Development by attaching the relevant documents after deliberation of faculty meeting.